Old Course & West Course
Welcome to Cobram Barooga Golf Club
The Cobram Barooga Golf Club is located in Barooga on the NSW side of the banks of the Murray River is a stunning 36 hole golf complex with a First-Class 18 room on-course accommodation offering.
The famous Old Course has been crafted between large stands of red gums and other native plants and trees native to the Murray River region.
First played in 1928 and extended to 18-Holes in 1955 designed by Vern Morcom, the Old Course has stood the test of time
The Old Course is not long by modern standards however the narrow fairways with well placed hazards have seen the course remain a favourite for many visitors and locals. The Old Course has been consistently rated amongst the regions best. The New 18th Hole is the Old Course’s signature hole, it plays at 333 meters. The tee shot is semi blind with the drive needing to be manoeuvred from right to left. The approach shot is to an elevated green that is well protected by several large bunkers on all sides of the green, if that wasn’t enough pressure it is also in prime position in front of our new Golf Precinct for all to see.
The West Course is the newer of the two courses and it’s slightly longer than the Old Course. The West Course is more along a resort course in style with wider fairways and larger greens that have more slope on them than the Old Course.
The West Course is home to an abundance of local flora and fauna where it can feel as though your game is being played in native sanctuary.
Unlike the Old Course, The West Course has quite a few water hazards. None more daunting than the 16th hole, it plays at a 180 meter Par 3. However, its not the length that will bring you unstuck, rather the water carry stretching the width of the fairway and caressing the right hand side. Many a golfer have fallen victim to the 16th over the years.
To learn more about each course click either of the following links: