The famous Old Course has been crafted between large stands of red gums and other native plants and trees native to the Murray River region.
First played in 1928 and extended to 18-Holes in 1955 designed by Vern Morcom, the Old Course has stood the test of time
The Old Course is not long by modern standards however the narrow fairways with well placed hazards have seen the course remain a favourite for many visitors and locals. The Old Course has been consistently rated amongst the regions best. The New 18th Hole is the Old Course’s signature hole, it plays at 333 meters. The tee shot is semi blind with the drive needing to be manoeuvred from right to left. The approach shot is to an elevated green that is well protected by several large bunkers on all sides of the green, if that wasn’t enough pressure it is also in prime position in front of our new Golf Precinct for all to see.
Click HERE to read more about the history of the Old Course in the early years of the Cobram Barooga Golf Club…